Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Help

So, the point of this was never to make it all about me. I've had a lot of people mention this being a good place to vent my feelings and I really do not want to do that. I have other outlets for that. I really wanted this to be a way to share the way that Alma and our family copes with the disease. That being said, I do see this as a way to hopefully give and recieve support. Right now I'm asking HELP!!! It is really hard to listen to somone cry all day long. I likened it to a colicky baby (I've never had one but I assume that would really suck) and I guess that's a bit much considering I do get sleep and all of that. The thing is that it is really hard to see someone so miserable and there is nothing I can do for her. On top of it, my energy is fading fast as I find that she seems to be needing more constant attention. In other words, if I am focusing on her completley, she seems fine. As soon as my attention in diverted elsewhere, she goes in her room, shuts the door and starts crying. One thing to note here; I've noticed that when we are home alone, she sobs loudly. When people are home, she sits in her room quietly crying. I'm just not sure what to do and I'm beginning to lose it a little. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. THIS HAS GOT TO TRY YOUR PATIENCE TO SAY THE LEAST.I HAVE REALLY TRIED TO PUT MYSELF IN YOUR PLACE AND THE CLOSEST I COULD COME UP WITH WAS WHEN ALI WAS LITTLE. SHE WAS A GOOD BABY FOR THE MOST PART BUT THERE WERE TIMES WHEN THE CRYING WAS CONSTANT AND THERE SEEMED TO BE NOTHING I COULD DO TO GET HER TO STOP.
    ONCE I WAS SURE THAT SHE WAS NOT HUNGRY, IN NEED OF CHANGING OR ANY OTHER OF THE BASIC NEEDS AND NO AMOUNT OF HOLDING, ROCKING, ETC ETC WOULD HELP. I WOULD JUST PUT HER IN HER ROOM IN THE CRIB AND LET HER CRY. I WOULD PUT ON THE RADIO FOR SOME DISTRACTION AND I ALSO HAD MY SEWING MACHINE IN THAT ROOM. I WOULD SEW AND THIS WOULD GET MY MIND OFF THE CRYING AND YET I COULD SEE HER. OFTEN TIMES THE COMBINATION OF THE SOUND FROM THE SEWING MACHINE AND THE RADIO WOULD LUL HER TO SLEEP,OR SHE WOULD STOP CRYING AND START PLAYING.
    PERHAPS THERE WERE SOME THINGS YOU DID WITH YOUR KIDS THAT WOULD WORK. PLEASE DON'T THINK I AM SUGGESTING YOU TREAT HER LIKE A BABY...JUST GRASPING AT STRAWS, IN AN EFFORT TO BE HELPFUL.
    LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?
    HAVE YOU GOTTEN MY OTHER POSTS FROM PREVIOUS DAYS?
    LOVE,
    JO

    ReplyDelete