Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Friday, May 27, 2011

Duh...

Still really busy and the fact that the weather is beautiful will mean that there will be less posts here. That being said, Alma continues to do really well and seems to be in a fairly "peaceful place" at the moment. I did want to quickly share one little moment from today.

I have talked about Alma's fascination with tissues. She has folded tissues everywhere and many times the cleans ones get mixed in with the used ones therefore contaminating all of her tissues (I'm a bit of a germ freak). Over the last couple of weeks, she has been storing her tissues in a dresser drawer with her clothes. I kept cleaning it out and telling ehr not to put them in there. She would tell me "I didn't do it. I'm good." over and over again. I'm not sure why this took me so long but today I realized that instead of arguing, I should move the clothes and just let her stick whatever she wants in there (within reason). All I have to say about this epiphany of mine is "DUH!!!". Oh well, maybe one day soon I'll learn to stop trying to make her conform so much.

2 comments:

  1. HI,
    GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ENJOYIUNG GREAT WEATHER AND ALMA IS AT LEAST SOMEWHAT MORE STABLE, RE THE TISSUES, ISN'T IT AMAZING THAT SUCH A SIMPLE SOLUTION CAN SEEM SO PROFOUND WHEN YOU PUT IT INTO PRACTICE!!!I GUESS GOD ISN'T FINISHED WITH ANY OF US YET!!!
    KEEP SHARING AND KEEP LEARNING AND WE'LL KEEP LOVING YOU ACROSS THE MILES.
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lise,

    It takes me awhile to figure what I can change and which situations should "go with the flow". So,it's in your genes. Still, your deep sensitivity and your genuine concern for Alma remain paramount and obvious. Keep up the good work, my daughter! I'm very proud of you and so is Jo.

    We love you very much!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete