Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Friday, May 13, 2011

Oopsy...

Something happened with the website so my last post was erased but I keep all of these posts so I re-posted.

Anyway, things have been better since our difficult incident on Monday. Today Alma went to Adult Care and seemed so happy to go. The staff loves her there and they have done a great job keeping her busy. When I went to pick her up this afternoon, the staff said Alma ate "plates of pizza" on the field trip to Ci Ci's Pizza. She relayed that she had a great time helping all of the "old ladies" with their pizza (I wonder if that means she helps them finish it like my dad used to do when I was little...). On the way home she asked me about my job in social work and told me that she believes that she should become a social worker to work with the elderly. I think that is really sweet. She is quite kind and nurturing to all of those ladies at Adult Care and the Nursing Home. I'm so glad she is finally feeling fulfilled.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lise,

    By Godly miracle,I can look back at a half century of ministry as an educator,and I stand in awe of human capability. It sounds like Alma Is doing social work. I feel your influence in assisting her do so.

    Glad for all the times I could "help" you with your pizza. Do you remember what I did to the ice cream when I used to sleep-walk to the refrigerator late at night as you and your brothers slept..

    Give our hugs and kisses to all. Jo and I love you! I am so very proud of you and proud to be your
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..dad. I thought that was Mr. McCoyan?? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. BETWEEN DAD AND MR MCCOYAN IT IS AMAZING WHAT USED TO DISAPPEAR FROM OUR REFRIG IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I AM DELIGHTED THAT ALMA ENJOYS THE DAY CARE AND HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO MINISTER TO OTHERS IN HER OWN SWEET WAY. THE MORE SHE CAN DO THAT THE BETTER SHE WILL BE AS THAT CAN BE USED FOR REINFORCEMENT TO BUILD UP HER SELF ESTEEM.
    GOOD JOB, BOTH OF YOU.
    HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY
    LOVE
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lise,

    Since,with God's help and Jo's loving support, I exercise a food plan, I haven't seen Mr. Mc Coyen in awhile. In fact, I think he found us when we lived in Chula Vista but our landlady had adopted the mannerisms of the "Wicked Witch of the West" & the last time I saw him she was chasing Mc Coyen with her broom and threatening to cook him.

    I have been wondering. Perhaps he found somebody who has not converted from ice cream to rice cakes (which I enjoy-you can guess how I fix them for the weird Ed Ambrose palate).

    Anyway, I'm proud of you,and if Mr. Mc Coyen passes through,I'll give him your regards before I scare him off.

    Keep laughing,loving,and it's always ok to cry too!!! I love you,Lise,and so does Jo among lots of others who have gotten to know you!!!!

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you,my Daughter. Jo and I love you!

    Have a great new week!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete