Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nothing New

School started last week so I took advantage of my break from chauffeuring 14 year olds around to take Alma on some long overdue outings. On Tuesday we went to Natural Bridge. I have shared that Alma loves butterflies and they have a new indoor butterfly exhibit. Alma greatly enjoyed the butterflies and got a huge kick out of having them land on us. Afterwards, she asked to go the gift shop and excitedly picked out a butterfly t-shirt and some decals for her windows. On Thursday, we bought some of the last peaches of the season and made a batch of peach jam.

I am slowly learning that if I can stay calm and focused, Alma will be more at ease when we are out. The irony is that I am pretty high strung so it takes a lot of mindful planning to make things as stress free as possible. This might be a good thing for everyone who has to deal with me.

 The Alzheimer’s Walk is Saturday and I am a little worried that it may be too much stimulation for her. This thought did not occur to me as I signed up my whole family to participate. We will just have to pay close attention to Alma’s mood. If it does seem that she is beginning to feel overwhelmed, Keith said that he will take her home early.



2 comments:

  1. HI LISE,
    AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR SHARING AND BRINGING US UP TO DATE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A FEW GOOD POSITIVE EXPERIENCES AND THAT IS ALWAYS A JOY.
    I THINK HAVING A BACKUP PLAN FOR SATURDAY IS A GOOD IDEA AS IT MUGHT BE JUST TOO MUCH ACTIVITY AND STIMULATION FOR ALMA.
    HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU ANTICIPATE WILL BE THERE?
    PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW THINGS GO.
    LOVE,
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed this,but I'm glad the walk worked out for all of you....

    Love Forever & Ever
    Dad

    ReplyDelete