Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Patron Saint of the Under Appreciated

Last Christmas, one of my friends gave me a necklace of The Patron Saint of the Under Appreciated. On the front is a matronly woman and on the back it says, "This kindly saint watches over all who deserve more credit and are constantly overlooked by family, peers and employers". Recently, I passed that necklace on to Alma on one of the days when she seemed particularly down. Since then, she hasn't taken it off. She loves to read the back to me and laugh at the ironic truth of what it symbolizes. I have to agree that from what Alma has shared with me, I gather that she has been incredibly underappreciated at many times in her life.

Alma as the Patron Saint of the Underappreciated.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A NEAT IDEA; I'M SURE WE COULD ALL USE ONE OF THOSE FROM TIME TO TIME. I IMAGINE THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN YOU FELT THE NEED YOURSELF.
    KEEP SHARING...YOU ARE LOVED AND APPRECIATED.
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lise,

    I know I haven't blogged in a few days,so as Pops would say, I'm acting like "Bad Bascomb"....But I'm so very very proud of you!!!!! & I appreciate you!

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete