Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Friday, March 11, 2011

Positives

With Altzheimer's, it's easy to focus on the negative aspects of the disease. To be fair, it is the way the disease is progressing that I have wanted to track here but that leaves very little room for the good moments. I am happy to report that the lat couple of days have been pretty good (knock on wood). Alma has been in good spirits and I'd like to share some of that here. I'll begin with yesterday morning.

Yesterday morning, I was getting ready for a few of my girlfriends to come over and have lunch at my house. I was in the kitchen washing dishes and listening to Lucinda Williams on XM radio. I heard Alma coming down the hall and she came in the kitchen dancing and laughing. It was really hilarious and quite out of character (remember this is someone who has a lifetime of repressed feelings). The only other time I've seen her dance was when she was dancing with Wrenna to that Wii game. She came into the kitchen shaking her hips and said, "I like when you play this good music!". This morning she is in an equally good mood so I'll just keep the music going and hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT TO HEAR THIS; HOPE THE MUSIC WILL CONTINUE TO BRING HER JOY AND YOU SOME PEACE.
    THESE LITTLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND MOMENTS OF JOY ARE PRICELESS!!!
    LOVE YOU
    JO

    ReplyDelete