Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Friday, July 15, 2011

A More Positive Mood Leads to Severe Goofiness

The last post is actually from yesterday but I didn't edit it (I use the word "edit" loosly) until this morning. It seems that after a good night's sleep, Alma is in much better spirits as she will not stop laughing and hugging everyone. She really isn't making coherent sentences but whatever her reality is at the moment seems to be a happy one and we are all grateful for that. I will take this opportunity to share some of the funny notions she has been having.

It seems she is having some more hallucinations. They seem to be mostly positve as she cracks herself up in telling us what she sees. She percieves that tissues simply float out of the sky whenever she needs one and the other day Kaiya told me that she said, "the butterflies got me" and proceeded to laugh her head off. I don't know if there actually were butterflies flying around or not. I suppose it really doesn't matter. Before her mood switched yesterday, Kaiya said she was talking about her back hurting and then "cracked herself up" as she said, "I know I have a big butt". Finally, and I hope no one thinks it is raunchy of us to share this here; apparently at Barnes and Noble she saw the name Weiner on a book and thought that was hilarious. I wonder if she recognized the name from recent news stories.

Anyway, it's looking like today is going to be a better day and mostly wanted to share that she is really not always difficult. I feel like we've been sharing all of the yucky stuff so it's fun to think about the silliness that makes things seem so much less serious and way more managable.

1 comment:

  1. ISN'T IT GREAT THAT RAINBOWS FOLLOW THE STORM CLOUDS!!!
    THANKS FOR SHARING THE GOOD AND THE BAD. WE ARE HERE NO MATTER WHAT.
    JO

    ReplyDelete