Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Better days

It's amazing what some sunshine and diversion can do for Alma's mood. She is so much more upbeat today and I am so grateful. I am curious if some of it has to do with her talking about her mother yesterday. She seemed somewhat lighter after that and then she went off with Kaiya for the afternoon. When I came home she was in the driveway with Kaiya, my friend, Kelley and her son, Silas (Kaiya had been babysitting). Alma was smiling and happy.

Last night we went to my daughter's softball game where Alma (usually quiet) continued her lively interactions, laughing at small children playing at the side of the field. This morning she woke up very early and made her bed and was sitting in the living room, dressed and ready to go (at 6:30 am). I was worried that we were in for another hard day when she told me she was scared in a very meek voice. I told her we would be with her and her whole body relaxed as she expressed a sense of relief at that. In the car, on her our way to her physical, she was laughing and told me she loved going up to "old ladies" in the store and telling them they are pretty. She said that she loves the way they always smile at that. Let's hope the mood sticks throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. RESPONDED TO THIS YESTERDAY AND DON'T KNOW WHY IT DID NOT GO THROUGH.
    JUST GLAD FOR THE BLESSING OF THE GOOD DAY AND WONDERING HOW THE PHYSICAL WENT.
    LOVE,
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's children. She loves children.

    ReplyDelete