Alma

Alma
Alma in College

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Children

On a more somber note I just wanted to add....

Alma has been quite fixated on her boys being at her house and no one will let her out of here to take care of them. Today she thinks they range in age from 12-20. All I have to say is that I have had dreams where I didn't know where my children were or couldn't get to them and I would wake up feeling terrified. That feeling would go with me through my day. I can't imagine how terrified she is feeling right now. At least when I woke up, I knew my children were fine. She doesn't have that luxury.

It is not my intention to be a Debbie Downer here. I simply want to acknowledge the heavy load Alma bears.

3 comments:

  1. heavy load, indeed. and you, too. I'm glad you know where to find good ice cream. That's a metaphor. I'm glad you know how to make the most out of a moment. It's one of the reasons I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL SAID AND WELL ARTICULATED AS ALWAYS. HOW EMPATHIC OF YOU TO TRY TO WALK IN HER SHOES!!!
    SHE IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU.
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Lise,

    Your empathy is a gift. In my belief system,God made sure that you received that ability at conception. When you exercise empathy,you are giving significant others (and beyond) a priceless understanding,a gift which nobody could ever purchase. The tough part of empathy (in my own experience) is that the other side of that very sensitive coin is crushed feelings.

    Sharing,especially empathy,calls for bravery. You are very courageous,Lise.

    I love you and I respect you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete